Saturday 3 June 2017

A big thanks for the support!

Today I had a look at the inventory of Shinobi 27 Games and wanted to express my gratitude to some of the people who have made these books a reality.

Firstly, I'd like to thank a guy who I've known for over 30 years. Joe Crocono was my first DM back in the 1980s and 90s to the 2000s. His imagination and artistry always motivated me to create fantasy work. He's also the person who got me in touch with Sean Connors and my first work as an artist on the first version of AD&BB. So thanks, Joe.

Sean Connors also needs to be recognised here. He introduced me to Dungeon Crawl Classics and the world of Spellburns and Patron Taints. The Trolls of Mistwood was originally going to be published under Sean's label but some of the issues with the crowd funding hindered that. His notion of self-publishing drove me to do it myself. He was also the person who introduced me to two of my biggest collaborators:

  • Paul Wolfe: Paul and I have worked on a variety of things together and his writings for various products has given me the encouragement to do my own writing. Paul has become a friend to my family and I and we got to meet up earlier this year at the Alamo. He's a very busy but great go-to guy for advice. Thanks, Paul!
  • Daniel Bishop: Also an alumni of the original AD&BB, Daniel is a prolific writer of DCC material. His ideas are inspiring and he and I collaborated on Curse of Mistwood (for a loooooong time). Anyone familiar with Daniel's work will know he has a super imagination and a broad understanding of Appendix N fiction. He's also very generous with advice. Thanks, Daniel!

An integral part of my adventure writing and publishing has been my good friend from the Netherlands, Brian Van Hunsel who is an artist and cartographer of amazing talent. His contribution to my three adventures cannot be overlooked. Not only did he produce maps of such incredible detail that I cannot help but think of what little beast or encounter could happen in the non encounter areas of the maps, but he has read and edited my adventures too. Thanks, Brian.

I'd also like to warmly welcome James Pozenel to the Shinobi 27 Games family and thank him for his long hours developing our newest product. He and I have been cooking this project for around 10 months and there is a long way still to go. Thanks James, for wanting to publish with me.

Joseph Goodman definitely has to be thanked for creating a roleplaying game that fits my thought processes. When I first picked up the DCC tome I was blown away by not only the familiarity I felt with it but the pure fun it is. Joseph has also supported all of my books and given editorial feedback and advice on some of the publications. Thanks, Joseph.

Del Teigeler has to be given some gratitude as well. He was given an enormous task bringing my weird castle to beautiful, isometric life in Curse of Mistwood. I really hope we can work together again soon! Thanks, Del.

A big shout out goes to Brandon Goeringer who has dedicated his own time and effort to do video reviews of our products, so thanks to you too, buddy!

Lastly but most especially, I'd like to thank my wife and children for being supportive of my lunacy and understanding of my mixed priorities... although they know they'll always come first. Thanks Esther, Eleora and Gabriel. Love you all.

So, now that my emotional need to express myself is done, I need to start assembling my first Kickstarter, which will be Volume II of AD&BB. More information soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just caught this, thank you David. It was a pleasure working on the castle. Glad it turned out like you wanted it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete